Was an extermination camp
Operated by Nazi Germany in occupied Poland during World War II
Active between 17 March 1942 and 8 December 1942
600,000 Jews were killed in its gas chambers
The camp was destroyed by the Nazis during 1943.
Reconstructed cremation rails in Belzec Memorial Site. During 1943 all corpses buried at Belzec were secretly exhumed and then gradually cremated on long open-air pyres.